The Laughing Matriarch

The Laughing Matriarch
ma·tri·arch/ˈ A woman who is the head of a family or tribe.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

N'Awlinz: Dis, Dat or d'Udda.

Dis...I mean, this is my Mardi Gras post. I found some beads buried in my closet and put on my best carnival apron and cooked up some of Chef Paul Prudhomme's Chicken and Andouille Smoked Sausage Gumbo-  Laissez les bons temps rouler!

It was just The Husband and I and a huge pot of gumbo, but I managed to give some away. Still...we'll be eating it for weeks making this month, Fat March!


Mmm..spicy sausage..
  
Chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken- it's a personal choice...

Mix up a little Lake Chelan Hurricane...
Everything nice and greezy...
Start cooking the roux- it's basically grease and flour- yum!
The secret of a perfect roux? Stir the shit out of it and don't wander off.
Mix in the vegy's and the meats....
Cook a little shrimp and hot sauce in butter to top off the gumbo...(I like it better this way... shrimp tends to get disgusting after a few days in the fridge. )
Cook up a pot of white rice and mix it all together....ahh, the Big Easy!



"I don't think life is to be taken too seriously. Take it too seriously, and it'll getcha." Paul Prudhomme


1 comment:

  1. "Stir the shit out it and don't walk away." Words to live by. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete