The Laughing Matriarch

The Laughing Matriarch
ma·tri·arch/ˈ A woman who is the head of a family or tribe.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Left My Heart...

In San Diego...yes, fine, those are not the words, but it's my blog.

Our last few days in San Diego were spent at The Daughter's new little beach shack in Ocean Beach. It's a little town of hamburger joints, saloons, hippies and smoke shops- ahh yes, the dodgy end.

Since Ocean Beach is where I was born I can't judge. The kids love it and so I love it. The Daughter and The New Husband made dinner for eight of us- people I invited- and  proved that simple is best! (Val brought guacamole and chips ....

and Hilda brought Spinach dip...Hilda catches bad guys so no judging.)




What could be better in February than grilled hamburgers and all the fixen's? (don't you just love that word? Fixen's.)





Enjoy the photos they will make you wish for summer. Eat em' up!





"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Wimpy


 




No comments:

Post a Comment