The Laughing Matriarch

The Laughing Matriarch
ma·tri·arch/ˈ A woman who is the head of a family or tribe.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Take-Out...

The Laughing Matriarch is on the road with The Husband. 

In San Diego we've been treated to some fantastic home-cooked meals. We were craving real Mexican food as we flew over the Cascades and BFF Julie from all the way back from Junior High School pulled out a pinata full of food.

Julie and I first started cooking together in Mr. Black's Home-Ec class and then progressed to Kraft Mac and Cheese and Dennison's Lime Beans. (Don't get me started.)


Julie served up beans and rice, chili rellanos, enchiladas, and with her hubby John's help, chicken and beef carne asada so good it made me want to cross the border. Well, maybe not.

 Enjoy the visuals (disclaimer: SOMEONE erased my photos before I could post so these are images from the net.) and I'll get back to you with one of Julie's recipes. Vaya con Dios...


 “If I moved away, I would definitely miss the Mexican food. Every region has its own Mexican food, and they're very chauvinistic -- they believe their food is the real Mexican food." Russ Parsons


1 comment: