The Laughing Matriarch

The Laughing Matriarch
ma·tri·arch/ˈ A woman who is the head of a family or tribe.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Friend Julie Makes Better Cookies....

BUT these turned out pretty damn good!

It was a long day of writing and I had a sudden urge to make cookies- ADD can be fun- so I wandered away from the computer and started searching for ingredients.


I had a serious hankering for peanut butter and chocolate but the peanut butter was almost gone so I came up with orange chocolate chip cookies.


The batter tasted sooooo good that I'm lucky to have kept some for the actual cookies.


But I did.

I ate a few before remembering I haven't worked out very much this month so I sent some to my daughter, froze some for my son who visits next month and had The Husband hide some for me later.
And I'm mailing some off to my friend Julie.


"Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you." Cookie Monster

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon orange zest or OJ or dried orange peel
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into and set aside. Cream butter, sugars, orange zest and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs one at a time beating well after adding each one. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and mix until well blended. Try not to eat all the cookie dough.
  4. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake cookies for 15 or 16 minutes or until golden. Cool on the cookie sheets. 
  5. Hide most of the cookies so you don't eat them all at once.



No comments:

Post a Comment