The Laughing Matriarch

The Laughing Matriarch
ma·tri·arch/ˈ A woman who is the head of a family or tribe.

Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the End of the World as We Know It...

And I feel fine!


 I mean, look around at the beauty of this place. What kind of God would destroy a world such as this? None, that's who.

But, just to jump on the old Rapture bandwagon, The Husband and I took a two-hour hike through the forest. Surrounded by trees and flowers and deer and I'm pretty sure there were a few bears lurking around- which would have been the end of me if I saw one.


After the hike we drove down to a spot above Lake Chelan and had a picnic. A few raindrops fell from the sky on our dinner, but it just added to the wonder of it all.


So here is the dinner that could very well be our last- but I doubt it.
Turkey breast, apple provolone, and olives



Home-made apricot jam, cream cheese, crackers, cashews and chocolate chips.

Cheese, crackers and a blood orange cosmo...it's the little things, right?


“I feel the end approaching. Quick, bring me my dessert, coffee and liqueur.”
Anthelme Brillat-Savarin's great aunt Pierette

No comments:

Post a Comment